Monday, February 25, 2019

Interstitial - Project 2


For my interstitial, I wanted to largely focus upon experimentation with particle effects.  Conceptually I was trying to make a reference to particles that make up everything in the natural world, be it a physical object or a digital file.  I intend to revisit this assignment and attempt to create iconography to accompany the three trades I am advertising (motion graphics, design, audio engineering), but in this version of my interstitial I had focused on trying to remove dead space from the video, with transitional effects overlapping so that there were fewer moments without some form of movement to draw the eye.

When revisiting this assignment, I ran into issues trying to integrate multiple effects without having the keyframes conflict with one another, so I instead opted for a cleaner transition from one slide to the next; as a result, I feel that the overall piece was more cohesive & had a level of polish that my earlier attempt lacked.  While the final piece may be a little plain, I do prefer it to the simple "fade in, fade out" nature of the earlier attempts.

FINAL



No comments:

Post a Comment